Friday

"Please go and get a TOTAL physical exam" - JILL BRZEZINZKI-CONLEY'S MESSAGE TO ALL WOMEN.



First, cancer took her breasts. Then, her breath. And now, the disease has spread to her liver, threatening to take her life.

Jill Brzezinski-Conley has an amazing story, she has lost both breasts to breast cancer at barely 32-years-old. Now, three years later, she found out that she has incurable stage 4 bone cancer. The cancer had already spread to her sternum and bones and the lining of a lung.



Jill Brzezinski-Conley was diagnosed with Stage IIIC invasive breast cancer one day before her 32nd birthday on July 15th 2009 – just 6 months after she married the man of her dreams. Her journey began with the most progressive form of treatment available. Contrary to what most people think, the younger you are, the more aggressive breast cancer can be.

Jill’s treatment included 16 rounds of grueling chemotherapy, 31 rounds of radiation and 4 surgeries including a double mastectomy with additional surgery ahead. During her treatment she suffered a broken rib and endured serious complications after her reconstructive surgery. However her strength and determination proved pivotal, and after 2 years Jill was in remission and now considers herself a survivor.

Unfortunately 12 months later Jill found out she had developed bone cancer and at 35 years old, the prognosis is terminal. Through all of this, Jill has kept her wit, determination, and never ending smile, with no room for self pity, while frequently making jokes about her baldness, lack of eyebrows and eyelashes. Her sense of humor, courage, positive attitude and inner beauty is truly remarkable.



Jill decided to channel her passion to helping other women feel better about themselves and their bodies via this amazing photo shoot. With the help of the talented photographer, Sue Bryce, Jill traveled to Paris for a photo shoot to inspire women around the world over!

JILL'S MESSAGE TO ALL WOMEN.



"I truly hope that after reading this and looking at these amazing pictures, you will please go and get a total physical exam. I kick myself often for ignoring the signs. I only ignored them because I was not educated about Breast Cancer. If I knew then what I know now, I always wonder where I would be today.

I think the hardest time for me is the summer time. I feel my self esteem kind of gets tested. I sit in the pool and I stare at these women who are so lucky to have these beautiful breasts that I once had and maybe I took them for granted.

Then I find myself snapping back to reality and I look down at my breasts and think, why am I even complaining.

I AM ALIVE!"

According to doctors' reports, Jill has only some months left by her to sniff in the fresh air our atmosphere offers.

Breast cancer affects, it destroys, and it kills. It claims the lives of millions every year. Do yourself great good by going for regular TOTAL medical check-up.

Please share this post, you don't know how many lives you'll be snatching from death as you do. Thank you. Remember, "WE'RE BUILDING A CANCER-FREE GENERATION", and together, we'll win.

REFERENCES:
The Breast Cancer Site Blog.
The Courier Journal.
Jill Conley Breast Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment